Our mission is to inspire and support the development and action of the French-speaking community of St-Jean.
The Francophone Community Association of Saint-Jean (ACFSJ) is a non-profit organization that offers a wide variety of activities and services for all tastes and budgets. Most of our activities take place at the French-speaking community center.
Programs and Services
– French Lessons (Fall, Winter and Spring)
– Saturday Club (10 weeks twice a year – starting September and February)
– Recreational classes (yoga, tai chi, African dance, zumba etc.)
– Seasonal holidays (Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc.)
– Wind Festival
– Concert (French-speaking heart, Assomption Vie tour)
– Cinema (Quebec Cinema Tour, Canadian Cinema Day, NFB film screenings, etc.)
– Workshop (painting, cooking, soap making, linocutting, etc.)
– Sport (badminton, football, skating, swimming)
– Choir rehearsal (La Rose des Vents choir)
– Activities for seniors (lunch, connection, tea and knitting walk inside the Works).
– Activities for tots (story time, “little chicks” play group, etc.).
– Activities for young people (chess games, yoga, hula-hoop, etc.)
The mission of the Francophone Community Association of Saint-Jean (ACFSJ) is “to inspire and support the development and action of the French-speaking community of Saint-Jean through the Grands-Jean School and Community Center. Winds”. The ACFSJ organizes various activities and cultural events for Francophones and Francophiles in the Avalon region.
The vision of the ACFSJ is “that the Grands-Vents School and Community Center be the privileged place for the development and action of the French-speaking community”.
The Francophone Community Association of St-Jean (ACFSJ) values integration, respect for others, dignity and integrity. The organization holds itself accountable to its members, its funders and its employees by respecting its commitments and striving to offer quality activities and services to the community.
Information: [email protected] or 709-726-4900