Our mission is to inspire and support the development and action of the Francophone community of Saint-Jean.
The Association Communautaire Francophone de Saint-Jean (ACFSJ) is a non-profit organization that offers a wide variety of activities and services for all interests and budgets. Most of our activities take place at the Francophone Community Centre.
-French Courses (fall, winter and spring)
– Saturday Club (10 weeks twice a year – starting in September and February)
– Recreational classes (yoga, tai chi, African dance, Zumba, etc.)
– Seasonal holidays (Halloween , Christmas, Easter, etc.)
-Festival du Vents
– Concerts (Coup de Coeur Francophone tour, Tournée Assomption Vie)
– Films (Quebec Film Tour
– La Tournée Québec Cinéma, National Canadian Film Day, NFB film screenings, etc.).
– Workshops (painting, cooking, soap making, linoprinting, etc.)
– Sports (badminton, football, skating, swimming, etc.)
– Choir rehearsal (La Rose des Vents choir)
– Activities for seniors (seniors’ group Les Débrouillards) (lunch, get-togethers, tea and knitting, walking group at The Works, etc.).
– Activities for tots (Storytime, “Les P’tits Poussins” Playgroup, cooking workshops, etc.).
– Activities for kids (chess club, yoga, hula-hoop, etc.).
The mission of the Association Communautaire Francophone de Saint-Jean (ACFSJ) is “to inspire and support the development and action of the francophone community of Saint-Jean through the Centre scolaire et communautaire des Grands-Vents”. The ACFSJ organizes various cultural activities and events for Francophone and francophiles in the Avalon region.
The vision of the ACFSJ is “that the Centre scolaire et communautaire des Grands-Vents be the privileged place for the development and action of the Francophone community”.
The Association Communautaire Francophone de St-Jean, (ACFSJ) values integration, respect for others, dignity and integrity. The organization holds itself accountable to its members, funders and employees by respecting its commitments and striving to offer quality activities and services to the community.
Information: [email protected] or 709-726-4900